- As first reported by Chris Haynes, the Sixers have informed Ben Simmons and his camp that he will be the 1st overall pick of the 2016 NBA Draft. The 6′ 10″ Australia native has widely been considered the inevitable first overall pick since his days of High School Basketball.
- Despite reports to the contrary, Duke F Brandon Ingram remains hopeful that the Sixers will take him 1st Overall. The ACC Rookie of the Year had a fantastic season as a Blue Devil, and his stellar performance has had insiders whispering about his potential to usurp the first overall pick since the end of the NCAA Season
- In an effort to move up in the draft, the Sixers are allegedly offering both Nerlens Noel and Jahlil Okafor to teams with high picks in the draft, though they would prefer to keep Noel and trade the sophomore Center from Duke instead, given the option. The Sixers are said to at least want a Top 8 pick for either of their young big men, and preferably a Top 5. The Celtics and Pelicans have both been recently reported to be in active discussions with Philadelphia.
- Keith Pompey from the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that Providence PG Kris Dunn would love to be drafted by the Sixers. The NCAA All-American is considered the best Point Guard Prospect in the draft, and is predicted to be taken very early, so the Sixers would have to trade up for a chance to get him.
- Jonathan Givony of Draft Express reports that the Sixers were in discussions for both George Hill and Jeff Teague until the very last minute last night. Teague ultimately went to the Pacers and Hill to the Jazz, but Philly is reportedly still in the market for a veteran PG.
- In possibly related news, Derrick Rose was traded to New York last night, but, according to some reports, the Sixers came close to acquiring the former MVP Point Guard before Chicago ultimately decided on the Knicks offer.
It has definitely been a pretty exhilarating start to the season for the Sixers through th…
Anybody in sports will tell there are two ways to get people in the seats: sell wins or se…