This blog will document week 2 injury cases for the Eagles’ 1:00 PM kickoff at home against the San Diego Chargers on CBS.
FOR THE EAGLES
- Thursday, 5:02 PM: CB Bradley Fletcher did not practice Wednesday or Thursday. Fletcher suffered a concussion in Monday night’s contest.
- CB Brandon Hughes, in an obscure situation with his broken hand, fully practiced Wednesday and Thursday. Look for Hughes to play Sunday, as Bradley Fletcher will likely sit with a six-day old concussion.
- Friday, 3:08 PM: CB Bradley Fletcher and OL Dennis Kelly are OUT for Sunday’s game.
- It appears as if CB Brandon Boykin will start in Fletcher’s place.
Eagles Inactives: QB Barkley, TE Igwenagu, T Kelly, T Tobia, DE Curry, CB Fletcher
As expected, CB Brad Fletcher is out with injury. The main storyline is that Vinny Curry has been inactive for the second straight week. Coupled with last year’s idle stretch, these two weeks have added to Curry’s lengthy lesson on patience, as Eagles insider Dave Spadaro also stated.
FOR THE CHARGERS
- Thursday, 5:07 PM: Manti Te’o has not practiced this week with his foot injury.
- DE Sean Lissemore has not practiced with an elbow injury.
- Saturday, 8:22 PM: ILB Manti Te’o is OUT for Sunday;s game.
Chargers Inactives: QB Sorensen, WR Ajirotutu, G Troutman, DT Nevis, LB Williams, LB Te’o
Manti Te’o is still hampered by his injury, and has yet to make his NFL debut for San Diego.