Heading into the 2014 season, pundits nearly puked at the sight of...
The Sixers Try To Remain Relevant By Introducing Dr. J, Allen Iverson, and Wilt Chamberlain Bobbleheads
I guess making a Charles Barkley bobblehead for his 50th birthday celebration was too much for the new Sixers ownership to handle. But, the month of March is hoping to be a prosperous one for the mediocre Sixers, and Andrew Bynum has nothing to do with it.
On Saturday, March 2nd, the Sixers will have a Wilt Chamberlain bobblehead night, trying to regain the support of all of their fans who are dead/near death. That’ll sell tickets.
On March 16th, the big man who is still awesome, Dr. J Julius Erving, will have his own bobblehead night. Iverson will be next on March 30th. Show ya luv. Passion. Intense. Proud. Pathetic. Bobbleheads are nice and all, but when the product is as bad as it is on the court, it sours the deal. Unless you’re under 12 years old. Which in that case, I see a lot of birthday parties being celebrated at these games.
Latest posts by Bleed Philly (see all)
- Don’t Worry, Eagles Fans. USA Today Has Your Back - October 13, 2014
- The Saints’ Marques Colston Now Owns a Stake in the Philadelphia Soul - October 3, 2014
- ABC’s The Goldbergs Delivers With Another Great Homage to a Philly Sports Team the Other Night - October 3, 2014
- Howard Eskin Throwing Bombshells: David Montgomery Pushed Out, Howard Bought Out, Hamels to be Traded - October 3, 2014
- The Flyers Decided Two Games Were Enough, Bring Back Ice Girls - October 2, 2014