This blog will document week 16 injury cases for the Eagles’ 1:00 PM kickoff at home against the Washington Redskins on FOX.
FOR THE EAGLES
- Tuesday, 7:14 PM: The Eagles have placed TE Clay Harbor on IR. Harbor suffered a lower back contusion last Thursday night against the BEngals. Emile Igwenagu will get the start for the final two games, and will get to show coaches how he will fit in 2013.
- Wednesday, 4:18 PM: Correction: Brent Celek will return this week from his injury, and he will start vs. Washington. Emile Igwenagu will back up Celek.
- LeSesn McCoy will start, but will receive a moderate workload.
- Michael Vick will be the 3rd QB for Sunday, with Trent Edwards the backup.
- FB Stanley Havili will not play Sunday(hamstring). Chris Polk and Emile Igwenagu will fill the gap.
- Thursday, 8:17 PM:The Eagles have slated Kurt Coleman and Colt Anderson as the two starting safeties. Nate Allen has been benched after a streak of poor play.
- The Eagles have signed TE Evan Moore to fill the spot on the active roster left by Clay Harbor.
Inactives: QB Vick, RB Polk, FB Havili, WR Salas, OL Kopa, OG Watkins, DE Tapp
Emile Igwenagu will start at FB, while LeSean McCoy will return to the lineup at RB. Bryce Brown will still receive a decent amount of work, as the Eagles will limit McCoy’s carries. Danny Watkins continues to sit during a sophomoric slump of a season.
FOR THE REDSKINS
- Thursday, 8:21 PM: The highly-publicized RG III injury conundrum has finally been resolved. The rookie returned to full practice Wednesday, and looks set to play Sunday at the Linc.
Inactives: QB Grossman, WR Briscoe, OT Polumbus, OG Gettis, LB So’oto, LB Muckelroy, PR Banks
RGIII is active and will start, as expected. Bobby April will have a bit easier assignment today, as deadly returner Brandon Banks is inactive.