This blog will document week 13 injury cases for the Eagles’ 8:20 PM kickoff in Dallas on NBC Sunday Night Football.
FOR THE EAGLES
- Monday, 4:42 PM: DeSean Jackson and Jason Peters have both been placed on the Injured Reserve List, ending their seasons.
- Michael VIck is now at stage 4 of his concussion recovery, and has resumed throwing.
- Monday, 4:52 PM: FB Stanley Havili has a sprained ankle, and DT Fletcher Cox has a tailbone injury.
- Head Coach Andy Reid said Jason Avant has a chance to practice Wednesday after missing the last few games with a lingering hamstring injury.
- Thursday, 4:41 PM: Michael Vick again failed his imPACT test, and is likely out.
- Dallas Reynolds is nursing an ankle injury, and did not practice Wednesday. Evan Mathis took reps at Center, while Danny Watkins played at Left Guard.
- Friday, 10:01 PM: Speculation has arisen over whether Michael Vick will play again this season. Conflicting reports suggest his symptoms have “gotten worse”, but he claims they have improved. In fact, several players have even expressed concern over his long-term health and safety with all the hits he’s been taking. One player explained, “Mike knows he’s auditioning for the Eagles now, and for the rest of the NFL if the Eagles let him go at the end of the year. He wants to get in there and play to prove he’s still a good player.”
- To fill the vacant roster spot left by DeSean Jackson, the Eagles have promoted 6th round pick WR Marvin McNutt from the practice squad.
- Fletcher Cox and Dallas Reynolds are listed as questionable with a tailbone and ankle injury, respectively. If they can’t play, Derek Landri will start at DT, and Evan Mathis will slide over to Center while Danny Watkins starts at Left Guard.
FOR THE COWBOYS
- Thursday, 4:45 PM: CB Orlando Scandrick, S Charlie Peprah, NT Jay Ratliff, and C Phil Costa did not practice Thursday
- WR Miles Austin, C Ryan Cook, T Tyron Smith, and RB DeMarco Murray were all limited in practice Thursday. Austin is expected to play Sunday, and Ryan Cook could return to an offensive line without a natural Center the last two games.
- Friday, 10:05 PM: CB Orlando Scandrick (hand), C Phil Costa (ankle) and DL Ben Bass (ankle) are out for Sunday’s game.
- The Cowboys expect to have RB DeMarco Murray healthy for the game. Backup RB Felix Jones is questionable to play.
- Sunday, 9:01 PM: The Cowboys have placed DL Ben Bass on the Injured Reserve list. They have signed CB Sterling Moore from the New England Patriots’ practice squad to fill his spot.
Cowboys’ inactives: WR Anthony Armstrong, S Charlie Peprah, CB Orlando Scandrick, OL David Arkin, C Phil Costa, LB Brady Poppinga.
Interestingly, newly-signed CB Sterling Moore is active, having just been signed yesterday. Moore will play a minimal role, as he has yet to grasp the playbook and logistics of his new team’s defense.