This blog will document week 12 injury cases for the Eagles’ 8:30 PM kickoff against Carolina on ESPN Monday Night Football.
FOR THE EAGLES:
- Monday, 5:01 PM: LeSean McCoy was described as day-to-day by Head Coach Andy Reid with a minor concussion. He is at stage 1 of the recovery process.
- Michael Vick is still at stage 1 with his concussion, after failing his impact test today.
- Thursday, 11:51 AM: Michael Vick is nearing phase 2 of his concussion recovery process, but is not likely to play Monday night.
- LeSean McCoy will probably not play Monday night, thus allowing Bryce Brown to make his first NFL start in Shady’s place.
- Rumor has it that Vinny Curry will finally make his NFL debut, as poor defensive line play has continued to plague the team.
- Friday, 9:44 PM: …and that rumor has been confirmed. Vinny Curry will indeed make his NFL debut. Either Darryl Tapp or Phillip Hunt will probably be left inactive.
- It has also been reported by Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Inquirer that Nick Foles will make his 2nd NFL start Monday night.
- Friday, 7:46 PM: The Eagles have waived WR Mardy Gilyard and signed former Ram and Patriot Greg Salas.
- Saturday, 4:18 PM: Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, and Jason Avant have been ruled out for Monday night’s game.
- With Avant out, Greg Salas could be activated for Monday’s contest. Because of his recent arrival, he will not receive many snaps due to his lack of familiarity with the playbook.
- Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy have recommenced exercise. Vick is at stage 3 of his recovery, and is expected to resume football activity Sunday when he reaches stage 4. McCoy remains at stage 1, and one has to beleive he will be a long shot to play next Sunday night in Dallas.
- Saturday, 7:07 PM: With Bryce Brown starting at RB, Special Teams Coordinator Bobby April saod Brandon Boykin will be reinstated as the kickoff returner.
- Monday, 5:10 PM: Michael Vick has indeed begun throwing, and is at phase 4 of his 5-phase recovery.
FOR THE PANTHERS
- Thursday, 11:53 AM: The Panthers have lost multiple key opening-day players to the Injured Reserve list: CB Chris Gamble, KR Kealoha Pilares, DE Thomas Keiser, and LB Jon Beason.
- The Panthers recently signed former Redskins K Graham Gano, and waived K Justin Medlock.
- Saturday, 4:23 PM: Defensive end Atwan Applewhite has been ruled out for Monday night’s game.
- 10 Panther are listed as Probable, including WR Steve Smith, DE Greg Hardy, and LB Thomas Davis.
- Garry Williams will start at Guard for Carolina, with Jeremy Bridges backing him up on his season debut.
- LB James Anderson(back) was recently added to the injury report, but will play.