This blog will document week 11 injury cases for the Eagles’ 1:00 kickoff in Washington.
- Monday, 5:50 PM: ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that Nick Foles will start Sundays game in Washington after Andy Reid described Michael Vick’s concussion as, “pretty significant” today
- Wednesday, 4:28 PM: To update the report from Adam Schefter, Andy Reid today stated that Michael Vick has not been ruled out for Sunday’s game. He did not practice, however, as he is still resting from the concussion. Mardy Gilyard also missed practice with his lingering hamstring injury.
- Jason Avant has been ruled out for Sunday’s game with a hamstring injury
- Jeremy Maclin is recovering from a lower back strain, but should be able to play Sunday.
- Right Guard Danny Watkins returned to practice today, and also should play Sunday. Dennis Kelly will receive reps at both tackle spots, and could replace King Dunlap or Demretress Bell in the starting lineup on Sunday.
- Frida, 9:07 PM: Michael has OFFICIALLY been ruled out for Sunday’s game against Washington. Jason Avant and Mardy Gilyard are also out. Danny Watkins expects to play, and is listed as Questionable. Jeremy Maclin, Mychal Kendricks, and Akeem Jordan are all listed as Probable.
FOR THE REDSKINS
- Wednesday, 4:33 PM: WR Pierre Garcon will again test out his foot injury this week. The likely scenario is that he will not play Sunday, and will eventually go under season-ending surgery.
- LS Nick Sundberg will become one of the first players in NFL history to return from the Injured Reserve list Sunday.
- Thursday, 5:53 PM. WR Pierre Garcon and Safety Brandon Meriweather were limited in practice.
- Friday, 9:10 PM: In his Friday press conference, Mike Shanahan addressed the situations of both Receiver Pierre Garon and Safety Brandon Meriweather, saying, “I’m hoping there’s no setback, yeah. I’m hoping they both play.”
- Tackle Jammal Brown wil not play this week with a lingering hip injury, and will be evaluated next week. Tackle Trent Williams is listed as Probable after suffering a slight ankle injury.
Redskins inactives: QB Rex Grossman, WR DDezmon Briscoe, CB Richard Crawford, LB Mario Addison, G Adam Gettis, OL Maurice Hurt, DE Doug Worthing.
The only significant news is that Pierre Garcon and Brandon Meriweather are active and will play. Garcon has missed the last four games, and is the only recognizable threat the Redskins possess at WR. Look for Griffin to get him involved early in the game. Meriweather will be making his Redskins debut today, after bouncing around last year and signing with Washington.