The NHL Released the 2012-13 Regular Season Schedule on Thursday June 21, The Philadelphia Flyers will begin & end their 46th NHL season at home. The Home Opener on Thursday, October 11 against the Boston Bruins & end on Saturday, April 13 against the New York Rangers.
Out of the 82 game regular season, they will play 6 division games (3 at Home, 3 on road) against the New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins. The Flyers will also face the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Washington Capitals and Winnipeg Jets at Total of 4 Times, (2 games at Home, 2 games on road) which adds up to 64 games in the Eastern Conference. With the remaining 18 games, the Flyers will take on the following Western Conference teams, there will be 3 home-and-home series against the Chicago Blackhawks, Minnesota Wild & San Jose Sharks, and only facing teams 1 time this season at Wells Fargo Center are the following: Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit and Edmonton.
The Flyers one-way visits to Columbus, Los Angeles, Nashville, Phoenix, St. Louis and Vancouver. The Detroit Red Wings & Toronto Maple Leafs will play in the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on New Year’s Day at Michigan Stadium on the campus of the University of Michigan. The 2013 NHL All Star Game takes place January 24-28 from Columbus
Some interesting facts about the Flyers 2012-13 Schedule which are the following:
- The Flyers Home Opener on October 11 vs. Bruins will be featured on NHL Opening Night on NBC Sports Network at 7 PM
- The Flyers 2 teams they played in 2012 NHL Playoffs make early trips to Wells Fargo Center, the Pittsburgh Penguins on October 18 & New Jersey Devils on November 1
- The Flyers annual Black Friday matinee will be on Friday, November 23 against the Winnipeg Jets
- The Flyers will play the Defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings on January 3 in Los Angeles
- The Flyers 1st matchup with the New York Rangers will Take place on January 12
- Flyers will have a eight-game road trip away from the Wells Fargo Center from Dec. 21 through Jan. 6 that includes a six-game Western Conference trip that starts in Nashville on Dec. 27 and ends in Vancouver on Jan. 6
- Flyers have a 3 game road trip through Canada starting April 2 in Montreal & ends with Winnipeg Jets on April 6
- Flyers will wrap the season up with a three-game homestand starting April 9 vs. Penguins & end with Rangers on April 13
To view the Flyers 2012-2013 schedule, click here